Saturday, January 7, 2012

First dessert table of the year

Happy New Year to you all. I hope you had a great New Year whatever you did. We had some friends over for a BBQ, the kids swam and we were all in bed by 10pm.

As you may have heard I've decided to close down the retail side of my business to concentrate on styling and my family. I just can't do it all, I'm certainly not a superwoman. So the shop drew the short straw. I absolutely loved sourcing all the products for my shop and really loved seeing how my customers used them in their own parties and celebrations. Yes I'm a little sad but I'm also excited about what lies ahead this year. I have some fabulous jobs on the horizon and can't wait to share them with you.

Today I created this all white dessert table for Julie and Dean's wedding held at The Strand at Rugby Quay. Dean is a dentist so Julie requested that we incorporate lolly teeth into the design.

Julie 13

Julie 15

Julie 14

Julie 11

Julie 12

Julie 10

Julie 9

Julie 8

Julie 7

Julie 6

Julie 5

Julie 4

Julie 2

Julie 1

A huge thank you to all the vendors that worked with me on this.

The Lemony Cupcake - Coconut Stacks, Chocolates, Marshmallow Pops, Choc Pretzels.

Authentic French Macarons - Macarons

Cakes by Simone - Cupcakes and cake

Style Me Gorgeous - all artwork for labels and chocolate bar wraps

Sharnel Dollar Designs - Styling, design and photography

21 comments:

  1. I am just starting out my own dessert/sweet table business and I must tell you that you have been a complete inspiration. This is the most stunning dessert table! I love the fact that it's not just another crisp white table yet a soft vanilla shade with hints of leaf green and the pink teeth peeking out perfectly bring it all together. Just Gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant display!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great first dessert table of the year! love all the whiteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the touch of personality with the teeth :) Although I will miss your lovely store I applaud your decision to focus on what is important to you. Cheers to a fabulous new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stylish. And I love how you've managed to make foam teeth sweets look elegant!! Gorgeous work as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO pretty! You are making me hungry!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Sharnel - love all the yummy treats. Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The dessert table looks lovely. I would have loved to be a guest at that wedding. Just gorgeous! Ange

    ReplyDelete
  9. The teeth add a little humour to the reception. Love your white design. You are truly talented and I'm glad you are continuing to style. Best of luck for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharnel this is so beautiful it takes my breath away!! Just sheer perfection!!! What a blessed couple to have you style this table for them! Please tell me, is there a story behind the teeth candy?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Opps, I was so taken by the photos I didn't read the dentist part! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAHA, I was scrolling along ooohing and aweing, and then I saw TEETH! I had to LOL. Only Sharnel Dollar could make TEETH elegant! Hope this year brings wonderful things! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. i know i know, the teeth aren't exactly one of my signature looks. But they work somehow!
    Thank you for all your lovely compliments everyone. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Sharnel! Lovely way to start the new year x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only have one word Sharnel....PERFECTION!!!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The harmony of colors, feelings, natural colors, natural, I have my house decorated with your ideas I think are wonderful and charming with you needed help I got it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. mmm... delicious.;*
    I invite to me ;)
    on-is-my-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Teeth are SENSATIONAL! what a gorgeous colour pallete to work with and a beautiful dessert table. I hear you Sharnel, I don't know how you did it, I juggle a job and a shop as a single almost 33 year old, not an easy task! A friend of mine has now joined me in the shop thankfully, but it still is most definitely a juggle- can't wait to see more of your styling this year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm a bit slow catching up with holiday posts, but this is heaven. Love the colours and I can almost smell that soft sweet scent which floats through the computer to me. Yum. I wish I could get married again just to have you create one of your sublime dessert tables.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sharnel, Love your blog and amazing dessert tables. So inspiring! Best wishes for the New Year
    Blessings
    Rowaida Flayhan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx