Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter Lunch with friends

Hosting an Easter Lunch this coming weekend? Are you looking for inspiration that is stylish yet achievable? Do you love to entertain but wish you had more time to prepare a delicious meal?

Last Friday I hosted a very simple lunch for a group of four girlfriends. We all lead busy lives and only had a few hours to get together to celebrate our friendship.

IMG_4072 copy

Bunny Cake Stand from Pottery Barn. Sorry I think they have sold out!

IMG_4062 copy

Setting the theme for our lunch were these adorable salad plates from Pottery Barn.

IMG_4065 copy

These divine 'gull eggs' where presented in a tiny nest as favours for each guest.

IMG_4036 copy

IMG_4048 copy

In A Pickle is always the first place I visit when I'm hosting a lunch or dinner. For our girls lunch I served tomato and sweet corn tart with silverbeet and rissoni salad.

IMG_4045 copy

IMG_4066 copy

A glass of Verve always puts a smile on my face.

IMG_4034 copy

For dessert I served these decadent Pistachio Meringues with clotted cream from In A Pickle and this wicked Turkish Delight Cheesecake from Jocelyn's Provisions.

IMG_4068 copy

IMG_4064 copy

Are you planning on celebrating Easter with a beautiful lunch with family and friends?

Photography and styling by Sharnel Dollar

22 comments:

  1. Please don't show me Pottery Barn items ... I so wish we had one here or could at least get their items shipped down under :-( Gorgeous table spread though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks divine! Would love to get my hands on some of those bunny plates and that cake stand, so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post, what is that lovely font you are using on the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Pistachio Meringues look amazing!!! yummmy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - everything looks so divine and what a delicious lunch you all had! Happy easter to you! KG X (BTW Love those baskets you used for the cutlery....!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a beautiful beautiful lunch with beautiful beautiful friends. Thank you xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the bunny cake stand. Your photography is beautiful Sharnel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how nice! I am inspired! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was that a beautiful lunch with special friends xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, this table setting is so lovely...and the dishes and desserts look and sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lovely and delicious meal! Enjoy the gorgeous weekend ahead, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has to be one of the most stylish, stunning tables I've seen on an Australian blog! Simply gorgeous, I wish I could have attended such a pretty event this weekend. Love your blog :) xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I do not know how to speak English, but I must say that your blog is wonderful. Congratulations on good taste
    Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Precioso lunch y muy apetecibles recetas.

    lagalletarota.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely gorgeous! You have very lucky friends. Letitia xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - so feminine and beautiful - how does one score an invite? Your photos are wonderful, what kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful! You have such a great eye, I always wish I was sitting at your tables enjoying it with everyone. Amazing, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning! Where did you find your flatware? It looks like they have a fleur de lis on them? I've been looking for some beautiful silver pieces, these are stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a little comment on my blog. I truly appreciate it. xx